Thursday, December 15, 2005

Religion

Just got one of those emails that everyone loves to pass around. This one concerned Christian holidays and stated that if the government did not want to acknowledge them, since "it's the law" then maybe government employees and elected officials shouldn't get Christian holidays off from work. I'd like to take it a step further: if the government recognizes Christian holidays then why not Jewish holidays, Muslim holidays and all other religion's holidays? Our country was founded for religious freedom as well as other reasons. Why are Christians, I count myself as one, so up in arms? Why aren't the Jewish people up in arms, and the Muslims?

Just a thought......

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...