Thursday, November 23, 2006

Just got back from Thanksgiving service at church. Mom liked it but the minister 'wasn't like Bob'. She compares all ministers to him. It was a struggle to get her to shower and wash her hair; she claimed that she had already done so. And she wouldn't change her clothes so I let her wear her fleece top, though I made her change to a clean one. Now it's time to make the turkey. Oh boy.

Turkey was good as was rest of the meal. I'm becoming a good cook.

"Help needed for Alzheimer's Caregivers" just scrolled across the bottom of my screen. Ain't that the truth. Out of sight, out of mind.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...