Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today was the first day of the year where we could actually be outside without jackets. It was a beautiful day weather-wise. I kept wishing that Mom was here to enjoy this lovely day with me. She would have celebrated the warmth and unofficial end to winter with me. As I sat outside on our patio I thought of her and shed some tears.

I had a very nice Easter. My friend invited me to join her at 'the orphan's holiday' and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The orphans are all people who are from out of state or who are students. I felt comfortable right away with this group. And I even received an Easter basket for the first time in many, many years. It made my first Easter without Mom a little bit easier and I'm grateful to them for thinking of me and including me in their celebration.

I love animals in case you already haven't figured that out from my previous posts. They always greet you with such joy and happiness, they make you feel like at that moment you are the most important person in the world. The are never judgmental and they are always glad to see you. They give true, unconditional love. Tonight I saw my neighbors and their dogs. These dogs always greet me with such love and happiness. It makes me feel good. My cats are my blessings. I love them so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I feel this same way every year when the daffodils begin to grow and bloom in the yard. My Dad planted them the year that he passed. I always take a moment, each year to thank him for planting these and to wish he were here with me to see the blooms, and I cry, and miss him...still.

I'm glad that you had a good Easter, and I hope that you were gifted with those mini (crack) eggs!

rilera said...

Cinny, it's really something we never get over. I'm glad you have the daffodils.

I did not get any mini crack eggs! I was sad. Maybe next year (sigh).

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...