Friday, January 9, 2009

A wise and wonderful friend came to sit with Mom and me tonight. She told me that she has a friend whose Mom has ALZ. She asked this friend when was the last time her kids had seen their grandma and her friend said it had been several years because she didn't want to put them through 'that'. My friend said, "If you don't show them how to nurture someone in their old age, how are they going to know how to nurture you in your old age?". I think that is an extremely insightful comment.

Mom is still resting peacefully. Thank you for all of your prayers and hugs. I can feel them in my heart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I am glad to hear that your friend is there with you. Any word from your sister? I'm keeping you held up in prayer. Would it be "ok" with you if I include you in our church prayer list? I don't want to intrude or sound pushy, but I am a firm believer in prayer.

rilera said...

Hi Cinny, I would love it if you would include me in your church prayer list. Thank you so much.

My sis is trying to find a flight from the east coast. She is torn.

~Betsy said...

I think you have a very wise friend, Robyn. I'm glad you had someone with you for a while.

As for your sister, she may have a hard time with flights. We are forecast to get a significant snowfall here in Pittsburgh on Saturday. I hope it doesn't affect her, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I really feel for her.

I wish I had more words to offer - more comfort. But I hope you know how much I am thinking of you and your family. (((((hugs)))))

Lori1955 said...

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. I'm holding you up in prayer sweetie.

Annie said...

Thinking of you, hope your sister arrives safely.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I agree you have a very wise friend. A lot of truth to those words. I think we try to shield those we love from things that are painful and I don't think we are doing them a service by that.

I'm glad your mom is resting peacefully. She knows you are there with her and that helps her rest easily, surrounded in your love. I have a candle lit for you and her right now. Take care.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...