Saturday, April 29, 2006

North Country

Watched the movie "North Country" tonight. I remember reading about the sexual harrassment case back in the early 1980s in the mines. I can understand both sides of the issue; the mining industry was in turmoil then and good paying jobs were being threatened. But the women did not deserve to be treated that way. They were only trying to make a decent wage too, in order to feed their families. I think that suit had to be filed in order to improve working conditions for women not only in the mining industry but also in all industries and workplaces.

I thought that the movie did a really good job showing the culture and the lifestyle of rangers. Charlize Theron was excellent in the role of Josie Aimes.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...