Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Transplant

I'm a Minnesota transplant. I was born in Michigan and moved to Minnesota when my father accepted a new job.

I have fond memories of a magical place in Michigan; Mackinac Island. I've included a link on my blog. Where else can you get away from the noise of cars and go back in time to an era of relaxation? Over the years, things have changed on Mackinac, but the essence of the island is still there.

Growing up, I was intrigued by the history of the Straits area and I voraciously read anything I could get my hands on about the region.

My father designed one of the ferry boats that plied the straits between Mackinaw City and the island. That was a very cool thing to me.

I never grow tired of reading about the island and hearing about the things that are going on there.

It really is heavenly there.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...