Sunday, July 9, 2006


It's a beautiful day today. We went swimming bright and early this morning. No one else was using the pool so it was ours to enjoy. Mom was up and dressed in her swimming suit ready to go when I got up. Some things stick in her head while other things...well. It was nice and cool. We even laid in the sun to get some color. I just hope I don't burn. So far so good.

We watched "Saving Milly" tonight. Very good movie, very sad story. Think of the trillions of dollars being spent on the Iraq war that could instead be spent on research for Parkinsons and Alzheimers and cancer. I keep thinking "what if Bush hadn't 'won' the election in 2000. What would this world be like? Would we really be more vulnerable to terrorism?" It's an interesting thought.

It's back to work for me tomorrow. I've enjoyed not having to wake up and leave the house at 6:30 AM only to return at 5:00 PM. I've gotten in some sleep, some exercise and some time with Mom.

Talked to my Aunt and Uncle last night. It's nice to know that they think about us and sort of understand and support us. Sometimes I feel all alone.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...