Friday, May 9, 2008

I spent a small percentage of my Bush-bate on a GPS navigator for my car. I haven't decided whether I'm going to spend the rest of it or save it. I do need a new TV in my room; the one I have is at least 25 years old, it was my grandmother's. I need to upgrade to an HDTV I guess.

My strawberries arrived in the mail this week. I planted them in the strawberry bags today. I hope they thrive and produce berries this summer. Supposedly I can winter the bags in my garage and next year's crop should be even better than this years. Mom joined me on the patio and because it was such a nice day we soon had a slew of neighbors who stopped by to visit. Mom especially enjoyed seeing 3 year old Katharine, and the puppies. It's supposed to rain this weekend so it was nice to be able to get out and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.

Mom received flowers for Mother's Day from my sister and my brother. They are beautiful! The roses are so incredibly fragrant. Happy Mother's Day to all my friends who are mothers.

2 comments:

~Betsy said...

Glad you got the strawberry plants and to hear your mom got some time out in the sunshine.

Annie said...

Just checking in on you. Hope those strawberry plants haven't grown and taken over your house!

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...