Saturday, May 17, 2008

Caregiving...It's not for Sissies

This is getting harder to do. Mom has so much trouble walking, I think if anything, that is going to be the major reason for placement for her. It is such a struggle to get her to and from the bathroom; getting out of the house is nearly impossible. Plus I have to obtain another specimen to make sure the UTI is cleared. I don't want to be desperate when the time comes to move her. She is going to hate it and be mad at me and I have to work up the courage to face that. And I have to work up the courage to live by myself again and get on with my life.

Our weather has been gorgeous these last few days. This morning there was a beautiful red cardinal at our feeder and last night there were hummingbirds zipping around our neighbor's patio. We also see lots of goldfinches and have even seen a bluebird.

4 comments:

cornbread hell said...

i really feel for you, rilera.
glad to hear about the nice weather.

Annie said...

I had a hummer at the oriole feeder the other day too.

The courage to live alone again, I hear you on that one.

Sending thoughts your way.

nancy said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers robyn. try to stay strong. we are here for you.

~Betsy said...

When my mom was alive, I knew problems with walking would be the final straw for me. My mom refused the walker, wheelchair and any help from anyone but me. The problem was my mom out weighed me by about 45 pounds. I had nightmares (really) about her falling and pulling me down with her.

Hang in there, sweetie. I'm glad to see the weather is at least cooperating!

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...