Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I've been trying to 'embrace the suck' this week. At work. Things at home are fine. I don't know why I bother talking to my management, they just make me feel worse about myself and my job. I have to stop letting them do that to me. I have enough to keep me occupied without having to deal with them too. You see, I've had several bouts of depression and during the last bout I wasn't a model employee. Looking back I realize that I should have gone out on disability; live and learn. Anyway, my management won't let me forget that. But I have to move on and try to do the best job I can now that I feel better. I have problems with concentration which doesn't exactly lend itself well to my job. And the fact that I am a caregiver doesn't make things easier.

Mom is having a good week. She's mostly sleeping through the night. I need to pick up stuff for another urine analysis to make sure that the antibiotics worked. She seems to be better. I think that the sunny weather helps too.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry your workplace isn't understanding. Hugs.

cornbread hell said...

i'm glad you're feeling better.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...