Tuesday, August 1, 2006

It's August and I'm already having unconcious tinges of dread about the oncoming winter. In one month I will begin using my Go-lite every morning for 30 minutes. Summer is flying by way too fast for me.

Julie Kay Webster, a Deephaven, MN woman with early onset Alzheimers, is missing. She is driving a blue 2001 Chrysler Sebring (license plate HDK 733). This is one of my worst fears. She drove to the airport to pick up her daughter and grandchildren. She made it to the Humphrey terminal where she asked for directions to the main terminal. But she never made it to the main terminal. After several days, someone tried to charge gasoline on her credit card, which had been cancelled by her family for fear that she had been abducted. After examining a security camera, the family learned that their mother was the person who was trying to use the cards so they reinstated them in hopes that they could track her better. Here is the scary part: somehow she had become so disoriented that she drove from the airport and was now in WYOMING! I hope they find her soon, she must be so frightened, not to mention how her family must feel. She is 58 years old. http://www.startribune.com/462/story/589502.html

Finally our weather has cooled down and we are getting rain. It has been horrible these past few days of 100 degree weather. A woman in my vanpool said she doesn't know how she survived this kind of weather when she lived in India.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...