Friday, August 11, 2006

The terror alert is at Red. The highest level. I'm glad my niece is home from the UK. I've turned off the news; won't listen to the latest litany of violence and terror. It's just too upsetting for me to think there are individuals out there who feel it is OK to kill so many in the name of a god, when in fact I think God is not happy with this. Unfortunately I think our government has encouraged more violence and terror by declaring war on them, liberating (invading) Iraq and supporting Israel. Violence begets violence and terrorists don't need much prodding. Isn't it ironic how Bush's 'axis of evil' are the very countries who have chosen to step up their testing of nuclear weapons et al??

In the meantime, I've been working on my family genealogy. I seem to have uncovered a long lost relative; the brother of my great grandfather.

Went to therapy, took Mom for her INR and took my car for an oil change/tire rotation. Saw a VW Beetle convertible in the showroom. Cute.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...