Monday, February 26, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth

Watching Al Gore receive an Oscar for his documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" last night made me think about what things would be like if he had become president. Can you imagine a world where the US signed the Kyoto agreement and our priorities were to reverse global warming, to lessen our dependence on fossil fuels, and put our efforts into renewable energy? Would Exxon be experiencing record breaking profits? More than likely we would not be involved in the Iraq war. How would Gore have responded to 9/11? I think America's reputation in the world would not be tarnished (beyond repair). I think we would be a kinder, gentler America. A more respectable America.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...