Saturday, March 3, 2007

There are piles and piles of snow all over our neighborhood. We can't use our front sidewalk, it's impossible to get to. There is a huge pile of snow near the street. Last night Mom's financial guy (foolishly) drove from Duluth's blizzard to see Mom and discuss her portfolio. He had planned to get here @ 4:30 but he didn't show up until nearly 6:30. He had called several times to tell us where he was at.

Today Mom and I went out for a drive and for lunch just to get out of the house. It's sunny and things are starting to melt. I'm done with winter now. She is really upset about her memory but when I bring up the possibility of a memory evaluation she balks. I guess she is scared of hearing the 'A' word. But it might not be Alzheimer's. She is so stubborn. I wish she would be more open to some of these things. But then again, I'm not sure what I would be like in her shoes...

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...