Thursday, March 15, 2007

Tonight I've been transported back to the 70s. I just read that the lead singer of the band Boston has died. Another victim of the black dog known as depression. God I hate depression and the stigma that goes along with it. People just don't realize that it's a killer. That it messes up your mind and causes you to want to do anything to escape from it. People, you've got to learn to take this illness more seriously, because it's going to continue to claim the lives of those who can't escape from it.

It's amazing how a song can bring memories from 30 years ago flooding back. Suddenly I'm in junior high again in a small Michigan town and the song "More than a Feeling" is playing. I must have worn out that album listening to it over and over. I loved that album.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...