Friday, March 30, 2007

Took Mom to the doctor today to discuss several things including her boredom and frustration. The doctor also discussed having Mom go for tests from a neuropsychologist; she thinks it would be beneficial to find out where Mom is doing OK and where her memory is failing. I agree so I will push for this with Mom. Mom started to get mad, put on her coat and went for the door. The doctor also prescribed a low dose of antidepressant which I will have filled tomorrow at Target (they have $4 dollar generic prescriptions and this one should qualify). Poor Mom, she is losing her independence in so many ways, so I'm hoping that the antidepressant will help with her anger and frustration, and her crying spells. I feel so bad for her. On the up side, the Meals on Wheels that I started last week seems to be helping the bathroom issues. The meals are high in fiber which causes a tummy ache but that should subside after a week or two. Yesterday morning she had a nosebleed (which she remembers) and I asked to have her protime checked for this. Haven't heard the results. It has been raining all day, very wet, cold and dreary. I can't believe that March is almost over. It came in like a lion (blizzards) and is going out rather lamb-like.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...