Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mom gets very upset about things. Tonight I was over talking to our neighbors on their patio. I had gone out to water the plants and Satine was just too irresistible; I had to go pet her and say hi to Jae. I ended up spending about 30 minutes talking. When I got back inside Mom was crying and very upset. So I convinced her to come outside and she sat while the neighbors visited with us. She seemed to enjoy it. She's just so emotional about everything. It's the dementia. On the plus side, today Terri was back and Mom was glad to see her. Terri knows Mom so well and Mom is used to Terri and she likes it when she is here.

Friday Mom has an appointment with the neurologist. She hates to leave the house so this should be fun. Not. And this appointment is downtown rather than in the suburbs so she will want to know why it's so far away from home.

I've been having to rely on caffeine to keep me awake at work lately due to the sleep deprivation I've been experiencing. I never drink caffeine otherwise.

3 comments:

~Betsy said...

I feel your pain, Robyn. The days of doctor appointments, leaving the house and emotional outbursts are still fresh in my memory.

You are a wonderful daughter and I love the way you include your mom in visits with your neighbors. Even if she forgets the visit soon after, she feels happy for a while. And that's sometimes all we can hope for.

Have you considered getting someone in for the nights so you can get some uninterrupted sleep? I know, easier said than done. But maybe it's worth exploring?

Hang in there (((hugs)))

nancy said...

ditto everything betsy said. i remember all too well. please know you are doing a wonderful job, something you will have no regrets about down the road. you and your mom are and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. (((((hugs)))))

Lori1955 said...

Those emotional times and the crying are just heartbreaking to see. Heck, this whole disease is heartbreaking.{{HUGS}}

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...