Friday, July 18, 2008

Evaluation Day

Today was the evaluation for the memory care facility. Mom was upbeat and smiling, very friendly. It was quite apparent that she has dementia though. So now we wait for an opening.

It's a beautiful day here, sunny and warm with a cool breeze blowing. I haven't had to turn on the AC. Mom has been fussy however. Her shoe comes off and she gets very upset about it. She also woke up at 3:00 AM which means that I once again didn't get a full night's sleep and it's taking it's toll. I feel like a walking zombie. I try to nap during the day but Mom gets fussy. It can't go on for much longer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I'm sending you a BIG HUG today. Keeping you both in thought and prayer. I hope you are able to sleep a full night tonight. I do understand, only too well what you are going through.

BTW - we found that cornstarch sprinkled into the carpet will take care of ants! They eat and share it, but cannot digest it, so bye-bye ants.

~Betsy said...

I hope you can get some sleep, Robyn. Let us know what happens with the memory care unit.

nancy said...

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as well. keep us posted.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...