Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday


Traditionally today is the day most people decorate for Christmas. I'm not very motivated at all to do so. I hung my wreath on the front door. I even ventured out of the house to Target today, Black Friday! to pick up a prescription. Target was not very busy; I'm hoping the bulk of the shoppers were there earlier in the day.

I've included a picture of Mom from yesterday. She is relaxing in her wheelchair before lunch. She really was in good spirits yesterday and that gives me something to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Lily said...

Is there a special significance about yesterday or does 'black Friday' just reflect the sadness in your heart at the moment?

rilera said...

Hi Lily, Black Friday is the name given to the day after Thanksgiving in America. It is called Black Friday because retailers hope shoppers come out and shop putting them in the 'black' for the holiday season. Traditionally it is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Stores open early (like 4AM) and there are specials that people stand in line for.

Lily said...

I wasn't expecting that! 'Black Friday' over here would be a name given to a day of gloom for some reason, except of course in these PC days, it would be frowned upon to use the phrase.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...