Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hospice

Today Mom was accepted into a hospice program. She did not want to get up out of bed today, and she did not want to eat. She acknowledged my presence when she awoke and held my hand. Yesterday however she took part in the sing-a-long in the afternoon. The rollercoaster ride continues. I feel so guilty about not spending all of my waking moments with her. I know that I can't do that though. Yesterday I was too worn out to stop over to see her, and now I feel guilty about that. I wish there was a rulebook for this. But there isn't. She seems comfortable. And hospice will help me out now with this decision making process. It's no longer all on my shoulders. I feel numb. I love you Mommy.

8 comments:

cornbread hell said...

ok. cut the guilt. you're doing great.

and 3 cheers for hospice!

Unknown said...

Feel for you Robyn but you're making the best decisions possible for you and your mom and everyone else, too.

Peace and Grace.

Annie said...

No guilt. Your Mom is where she can get the best care, and that is what matters. Hugs to you and your Mom.

nancy said...

hang in there robyn. you are dealing with a very difficult and emotional ride. my heart goes out to you.

you are doing a wonderful job. take care of yourself as well.

i'm glad hospice is on board. ((hugs))

Lori1955 said...

I'm so glad that hospice is involved. They are truly a blessing.

Lily said...

What they said ((((((Robyn)))))

rilera said...

Thanks everyone. I love you guys!

~Betsy said...

You are doing the best you can. Sometimes you have to let go and let God. I know it's hard, but there are times that this is all you can do.

Stay strong and keep listening to your instincts.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...