Monday, April 2, 2007

Things my Mom has done for me:

1. She drove me to every record store in town trying to find a 45 rpm for a new song I heard on the radio and just had to have when I was 13.
2. She sewed clothes for me and eventually taught me to sew.
3. She kept a baby book for me and wrote down milestones in my first seven years of life.
4. She'd comfort me when I was scared and couldn't sleep.
5. She took care of me when I was sick.
6. She'd shop for clothes or shoes with me and would make sure I was well dressed.
7. She drilled me when I needed to learn my multiplication tables.
8. She'd pick me up from and take me to school.
9. She loves me unconditionally
10. She made me feel that I could be anything I wanted to be
11. She drove down in a rainstorm to be with me when my kitty died and when I lost my job.
12. She comforted me when I was depressed.
13. She's always there when I need a hug or just need to know that someone in this world loves me.
14. She made Christmas magical
15. She read books to me and instilled a love for reading (along with my Dad)

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...