Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mom was really angry about the visit from the home healthcare nurse on Friday. She threatened to move out or move back to her old house. But according to the nurse, this is typical. A worker is coming on Friday from 8:30 to 11:30 AM. Then we have the neurology appointment at 1:00 pm. I'm not looking forward to that appointment at all. First of all, it's in Minneapolis and Mom is not very mobile right now. I don't know what happened but she's struggling to walk. I've got her using the walker but she forgets to use it so I have to remind her. She is also aware that she is not herself. Today we had a lot of tears about that. She also was aware of everything that I do for her. I have to try to let her do more for herself. She is not happy about being by herself when I go to work. My therapist keeps reminding me that there is a lesson to be learned in this. I think this is teaching me responsibility and maturity. Life sucks.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...