Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Place for Mom?

I stopped by the ALF after work and saw the room that will be available in mid September. It's a nice room, with a west exposure. It's a few doors down from one of the dining rooms. This ALF has a swimming pool and an exercise room. Mom used to do water aerobics in her former life. She might enjoy doing some exercising in the pool. They take memory care residents down to the pool a few times per week. And Joyce, the woman that I hired to be Mom's companion last fall helps with the transitions there. It would be a familiar face (if Mom remembers her). The best part? The ALF is minutes from our home. I could stop by to see Mom after work, I could go swimming with her at open swim times. The other best part; this facility seems to be very responsive to potential customers. My therapist's mom lives her and she has nothing but good things to say about this facility.My sister called the director of the other ALF this morning. She has not received a call back yet....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I was angry reading your last post. How dare these people let you down like that?!? I know how difficult this is for you and that you were committed to this place, and they had (almost) let you relax in the knowledge that this was THE place! GRRRRRR!!!!!

And then... Tonight's post... A nice release of breath and you sound pleased with the distance from your home, the environmet, and the fact that you already have "inside" information at this location! Sounds happier for all -and I hope it is!

cornbread hell said...

a few miles from your home???

jump on it.

nancy said...

i'm happy for you. i will say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed this works out for you and your mom. keep us posted.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...