Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Smart Phone for a dumb user?

I finally gave in and upgraded to a smartphone. My Palm pilot, which I rely heavily on, died and I didn't have access to my contacts and appointments. I upgraded my cell phone to a Palm Centro which not only allows me to make phone calls, but also stores my contacts, appointments, memos and tasks. I can IM (instant message), browse the internet and a multitude of other things. Best of all I only have to carry one thing in order to do all of these things. The only thing I'm not too thrilled with is that the battery seems to need to be charged daily.

Mom is doing OK although she cries a lot. She knows something is up with her memory and it frustrates her that she can't do things like she used to. We had a really good weekend together though. Today she spent the afternoon with one of her favorite caregivers. They were laughing and chatting together when I came home. And our guardian angel Terri was with Mom in the morning. We are so blessed with the best caregivers in the world. I'm so grateful for each of them and they care that they give Mom. And me.

Our weather has taken a turn toward cool. It's still warm, it's just that the humidity has dropped to a tolerable level and a cool breeze is blowing. Our strawberry plants are thriving and we are getting more strawberries. The hydrangeas and gardenia are also doing well.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend together, Robyn.

Unknown said...

My son just got one of the new Palms for his wife and she loves it. I am still trying to hold out for the android but my Treo is definitely having problems.

Feel for you and your mom.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...