Friday, June 23, 2006

Back from getting Mom's blood drawn. Went to the Mall afterward and parked Mom by the piano at the department store while I walked around the Mall. Got some new shirts for both of us and then went to Bath And Body Works to get some body spray. I love that store!

Mom is dozing now. She has been teary a lot lately. I worry about her becoming depressed but she keeps passing the quizzes the doctors give her to test for depression.

It's warmer today; 82 and sunny. This weekend there is a gathering at the pool that I hope to go to. Maybe Mom will want to come too.

Yesterday I noticed that one of the vanpoolers was reading the newsletter from The Wildcat Sanctuary, a wonderful place that takes in big cats (we're talking tigers and servals and such) and gives them a great place to live out the rest of their lives. One pooler exclaimed "those cats should be killed" which set me off. Cats of any kind are near and dear to my heart. I'm so glad that there are places like this sanctuary. Tammy Quist is a saint. Check it out at www.wildcatsanctuary.org. And anyone who disagrees has no heart.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...