Monday, June 26, 2006

Today I took a wonderful walk around the state capitol grounds. It took about 30 minutes. I went with a woman whom I used to work with and we caught up on old news. That's probably why it was easy to walk for that long. I stretched out afterward so I hope I don't wake up tomorrow morning unable to move.

Heard today that Warren Buffet is giving most of his wealth to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. His actions restore my faith in the ultra wealthy. I've seen so many greedy acts lately, it's refreshing to see someone being unselfish. But then, what's a few billion to Warren Buffet when he has more money than most nations on this planet. I hope that this money is not mismanaged and that it can truly help not only people in this country who are in need, but also people throughout the world.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...