Thursday, June 8, 2006



When dealing with someone who has dementia, it's important to remember that trying to make the person remember things through repetition is basically a waste of time and it is also humiliating for the person with dementia. Mom will repeat things several times and I try to patiently answer her each time. It's also pointless to argue with her so even if she has a mistaken belief I may try to correct her once, but I usually agree with her just to make things easier.

Today I was invited to have lunch with the newborn screening team whom I support because, in their words, I am their favorite IT person. It feels good to know that they appreciate all that I do for them. They are a good group to work with.

It's cool here and we have the windows open. It's a lovely evening and I'm looking forward to having the day off tomorrow.

Both my niece and nephew attended their respective proms this year. They have one up on the previous generation; none of us attended our proms (losers, right?).

Found an interesting article on Eva B. Seeley, a relative of ours who bred Alaskan Malamutes. Here is the link. It's quite a fascinating article.
The Seeleys & The Kotzebue Strain
How weird that on our side of the family, every likes cats. That comes from my Dad whom I believe got it from his mother. I always wondered why Dad had an autographed picture of an Alaskan Malamute named Rowdy. Click on the link to find out about the famous dog Rowdy.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...