Saturday, January 6, 2007

Sometimes it's hard that my life revolves around taking care of Mom and going to work. I miss being able to go to the mall and walk around. I can still do that, but Mom always wants to come and sit in the car and wait for me so I can't spend time just walking from store to store looking at things.

On Thursday our window valances were installed and I must say that they look great. Mom is quite pleased with them too. They make such a difference in the decor of our home. I hadn't realized that our windows looked so bare without them, until I saw the difference.

I am reading Wicked: The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West. It's pretty interesting. Mom is reading a Jan Karon/Mitford book. I have no clue if she is absorbing the story, but she seems to be. She was up at 3:30 AM today calling to me. I had to come and remind her that it was that time and she was very sorry for waking me. She just does not have any concept of time and day, though she does have a concept of seasons.

Tomorrow we will begin taking down the tree and other Christmas decorations. I was hoping to purchase an ornament storage container from Target but they appeared to be sold out when I was there yesterday.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...