Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My ultrasound was normal. Good news. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Sounds like having all my family for Thanksgiving is closer to reality. My cousin called and asked how many of us would be interested in attending a Minnesota Wild hockey game on the night before Thanksgiving. 'Course, it's not the Red Wings, but the Wild will do in a pinch. Being from Detroit means that my family are big Red Wing fans. Even my nephew who has never lived in Michigan is a huge Wings fan. If this happens, it will be the first time the whole family has been together in over 20 years. Should be fun.

Mom was happy and upbeat when I called her this afternoon. She had just gotten home from the day program and was coloring. Joyce took care of everything for her. Joyce is a treasure. They sent home a sort of note that tells what Mom did and what she had for lunch. It sounds like she got quite a bit of exercise. That's good, though it must be so painful for her hip. I called and talked to the ramp program person. He is going to come out to our house on Oct. 4 to measure.

Weather has cooled off here and the leaves are starting to turn. It should be beautiful by next weekend. I hope to get up to the river bluff to see the colors soon.

3 comments:

~Betsy said...

I'm so glad the ultrasound came back normal.

Joyce sounds like a gem. She's exactly the sort of person I need - someone who you can trust. I'm glad you found her.

Red Wings, huh? In this house it's the Penguins. Actually, I've always like the Red Wings, too. I just don't tell many people in Pittsburgh! :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful news on your ultrasound. Has there been anything non your interview or have I missed it?

That's great for your mom.

rilera said...

No word on my interview yet Flinty. Thanks for asking.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...