Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday

TGIF! It's weird to work on Fridays. I'd forgotten how laid back people at work are on Friday.

Mom is continuing to settle in to life at CB. She is working with physical therapy and she actually was able to stand and bear weight. She is also working with them to use her walker. My sister got an email update from the facility's marketing director which said Mom was, at that time, working on stuffing a scarecrow. There is always something going on at CB. I'm looking forward to the family support group on the 15th. I've already been contacted by a resident's wife via email. She got my email address from the director of Mom's day program.

I've been trying to get out and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine and get a little bit of exercise. Last night I had my hair cut and colored for the first time in months.

The kitties are doing OK too. Olivia had her annual checkup and I've seen them cuddling together. They've been hanging out in Mom's room, snuggling on her bed. Olivia seems to miss her. I'm going to try to take her to visit Mom in a few weeks. It might be good for both of them to see each other.

I received a letter from friends from Michigan. We grew up next to this family and they are good friends of Mom's and Dad's. I told Mom about the letter and asked if she remembered them. She seemed to remember who they are! She's usually pretty good about remembering certain things, especially those things from her past.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent post. I think she is getting really good care and I am glad you are find out about Fridays.

~Betsy said...

I'm so glad to see positive things are happening for you. It's always a roller coaster!

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...