Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One Day at a Time

I visited Mom tonight and she is making progress. Her eyes were clear and she seemed engaged. She could answer some of my questions and I was able to get her to drink some water through a straw. I could even see a flicker of her sense of humor while we watched Seinfeld - she rolled her eyes at some crazy thing they did. She didn't tear up until I put my coat on and started to leave. I told her that it was important for her to rest and I would see her tomorrow.

Tomorrow my sister and I will have a teleconference with the palliative care coordinator at the hospital to help plan for the future with the goal of keeping Mom comfortable and maintaining her dignity.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Glad she is doing better. Is the pain medication for her hip pain?

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear it too. How is Robyn holding up? I hope that you are taking care of you as well! You both remain in my prayers.

rilera said...

Annie, I think so.

Cinny, I'm doing OK. My theme song is 'Basket Case' by Green Day though so I have breakdowns once in a while. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...