Tuesday, May 23, 2006

iPods Rock!

Another glorious day. Sunny and beautiful. Downloaded the Dixie Chicks' single "Not Ready to Make Nice" even though I'm not a big fan of country music. It's a good song. Also downloaded "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac. Thought I grabbed it off my CD before I got rid of all of them. That's one of many good things about the iPod. No CD collection cluttering up my space. I must have had about 200 CDs that I donated. I probably had at least 50 vinyl albums that I purged too. Another thing I like about the iPod is that I'm not forced to buy a whole CD if I'm only interested in a few songs. That probably hacks off the music industry but too bad! Maybe if more albums had mostly good songs people wouldn't have that attitude. They gear so that one or two good songs get constant airplay but when you invest in the whole album you end up with a bunch of duds and one or two good songs. I used to fall for that ploy all of the time when I was younger but not anymore. I like being able to listen to clips of the songs before I buy them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...