Monday, May 1, 2006

Rainy days and Mondays

Monday, manic and rainy. Crazy day at work. Mom woke me up at 12:30 AM to tell me she took the garbage out. I couldn't get back to sleep. Was achy and tired in the AM at work. Then the rain. It's been raining since Friday, steadily. But everything is so green and gorgeous. We really needed the rain. Trees have popped with leaves. Spring is finally here. There is nothing like spring in the midwest. We've survived winter and now we are ready for rebirth. Crab tree blossoms are ready to bust. I've even seen lilacs in bloom.

Painter came tonight and gave us an estimate for painting our living, dining room and kitchen plus 2 bedrooms. The cost is reasonable. She is going to recommend some colors too for Mom's bedroom and the den.

My beautiful kitty is here, comforting me. She is my best friend.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...