Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Haven't heard from my brother about his job prospects. He had 2 that sounded like they would make offers. I hope that no news is good news in this case. He's waited patiently for the right opportunity and I think a change would be good for him and his family. I'm worried most about my niece. I know how difficult it can be to move away from your friends, especially since next year will be her senior year. I hope that she can adjust to the change and enjoy the year. She is so on the brink of her life; there is so much more to experience and enjoy. I know what it's like to be in high school, have good friends and then have to leave them. But at least for me, the move to a new city was a good thing. I look back with some great memories at my high school years. I hope, that if she has to move, she will make good memories too.

Speaking of memories, they can be so fleeting. Mom still has so many good, important ones. She just sometimes gets confused about them. It sucks. But each day is a blessing for all of us.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...