Sunday, May 27, 2007

It is a glorious, sunny day today. Went to the nursery down the road and bought some more plants, a pink geranium with white lobelia. They have some really nice plants there. Am trying to find a table to replace the tile one. The tile is coming off.

Mom is like a kid sometimes. She has been asking the same questions over and over. How did Diana die? Is Nancy Reagan still alive? Why won't you let me get out and walk when we go somewhere? (actually she says no when I ask her if she wants to walk). Gave her a shower today. The amoxicillin she is taking is giving her diarrhea (like we need more of that) and I woke up to a mess in the bathroom that I was lucky enough to get to clean up. Her wound, which I suspect is a cat bite, looks 1000 times better today. We have been putting a warm compress on it. She has been using her walker now instead of her cane. I guess she figured out finally that it helps her walk better. Now I need to figure out how to cut holes in tennis balls so that I can put them on the back legs of the walker.

Mom is reading the Reagan Diaries, a book which I purchased but she confiscated. She will read a line and then ask me what the heck it means sometimes. It must suck to lose one's mind.

We are watching the Indy 500 though it is in rain delay right now. Danica Patrick is in 3rd place.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...