Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The nurse's aide came again today. Mom still doesn't remember. The cleaning lady also came. I feel better knowing that someone is checking on Mom during the day and that she is being taken care of. It was a beautiful day today and Mom and I sat on the patio. We met a new neighbor who was out with her new puppy, a Shirmanian (pomeranian and shitzu). It was adorable and very tiny. It was licking Mom's ankles. Mom liked it too. As much as I dislike it, I'm checking Mom's depends periodically and making sure that she is keeping clean. The aide says that she 'refused' a shower today as well as a sponge bath. Stubborn!!! I talked to the nurse and she said that she checks in on Mom every other week. This is a good thing. These are all things that, hopefully, will keep her healthy.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...