Saturday, May 5, 2007

Several people have recommended that Mom be put on a trial of the medication Seroquel. I searched the Alzheimer's forums and it seems that many loved ones with ALZ have been put on this and that in many cases it has helped with the outbursts and tears. I'm not sure what to do. Mom is sleeping right now, at 5:00 pm. I was exhausted and achy and had fallen asleep in my chair which made her angry. She said that she might as well go to bed so she did. I don't fight it, it's just not worth it. It's getting harder to understand what she is saying, she cannot articulate her thoughts or the wrong words come out. Her speech can be very cryptic. I think a lot about whether moving her to here was a good idea. She is trapped in the house daily. But if I had moved in with her I would constantly be worried about her going out driving and possibly getting lost.

Today it rained in the mid afternoon but now the sun is breaking through. That is a good thing. There was the most beautiful kitty up for adoption at the PetsMart. A snowshoe with seal points and blue gorgeous eyes. What a beauty! and very sweet. It said the kitty was a stray. Who would let such a beauty wander off? It had to have been a pricey cat to purchase. Some people are really really stupid.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...