Monday, May 28, 2007

Mom's bathroom was a mess this morning. I try not to make a big deal about it but she still gets upset. And there's no hiding the clean up from her. She notices when I am in her room/bathroom and then asks 'what are you doing in there?'. Today she stood at the bathroom door and cried while I told her it was no big deal to clean up. Her catastrophic reactions are getting more frequent; she has one at least daily it seems. And the carpet from her bed to the bathroom is being destroyed. It has stains that no matter how hard I try I cannot get out. The maple floors are all scratched up from her walker, they will have to be sanded down sometime in the future when the threat of scratching is over. The carpet in the den is also looking old and tired. She has a few stains on that too. At least the living room still looks nice. I don't know if I should buy a carpet cleaner or have someone come in and clean it. Someone is going to have to either come up with a cure for dementia or a dementia-proof house in the near future.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...