Wednesday, June 6, 2007

D-Day! It started out scary, Mom was confused this morning. She asked me what I was doing here and thought that someone else was in the house. But my friends at work remembered me, bless them. And my sis. She sent me a great present, a tote for scrapbooking goodies; one I had seen and admired before. Alas, Mom did not remember. Mom always remembered birthdays with cards, cakes and presents so this is very uncharacteristic. I miss that. Birthdays were special in our house. I miss my confidante. I miss being able to tell her anything. She does seem to like the nurse's aide and that is good. She said the aide offers to help her with a shower but she doesn't think she needs one (she does). Maybe next time she will let Sophie help her. She's been dozing all night long. I think she was pretty restless last night as I heard her up and about several times.

I am trying to figure out if all I need is a network hub in order to use my work laptop.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...