Tuesday, June 5, 2007

It's the day before D-Day! I received my first (and probably only) b-day card. From my high school friend Julie. We are both marveling that we are in our 44th year. YIKES! Seems like yesterday when we were in Chinese Government and Politics laughing about Kressy. My fibro flare continues. I was in excruciating pain today but I am better now. We are watching Raymond as usual. Thank God it's a funny program. I bought the smaller 3 x 5 rug to place in front of the door. Can't wait for it to get here. Mom is getting used to Sophie the new aide I think. I'm hoping she will be able to get Mom to take a shower soon. Meanwhile, the summer is flying by and it isn't even officially summer. Mom and I watched family home videos tonight including one her parents shot when she was a child. She seemed to recognize herself, her homes and her grandparent's summer cottage on Lake Huron. But when we watched the video of M when he was a baby she got confused and thought it was her and she didn't know my Dad. Those videos are priceless. It's amazing to think that we have live video of Mom and Aunt ME as children. Tonight it is cool, great sleeping weather. Wish I could open my window.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...