Friday, June 22, 2007

Mom has been emotional today and restless. I took a trip to Target and asked her if she wanted to come and she said no. When I got home she was all upset because she didn't know where I had been. She thought I was downstairs. She's up and down all the time. She wont accept help from the healthcare aide so I'm stuck with giving her a bath and making sure that she is clean. I'm exhausted so much of the time, I just don't have the energy to bathe her or struggle with her to keep her clean, fed, dressed, or to hear her questions over and over and over. It seems like everytime I try to get some help for myself it is thwarted. I'm really pretty angry with the home health care agency because they supposedly are trained to deal with patients with dementia yet the workers seem to not want to deal with normal dementia-type behavior. They want to medicate Mom. I'm sick of their syncophatic behavior. If I can calm Mom down then they should be able to also. I'm tired of all of this and I need a break! When A comes I'm going to try to get away by myself.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...