Monday, November 26, 2007

This morning Mom asked if anyone was still here and I told her they had all left for home. She was sad. But, she went to daycare! And it wasn't even a scheduled day so we have been scurrying around to get her a ride home. And to top it off, one of the Memory Care facilities called to say that they have an opening for an apartment December 3. We are going to wait, but I am going to put Mom on the waiting list for that one and a couple others.

Mom came home on the bus from day care, only stupid me gave them the wrong code for the garage door. They tried to call me but couldn't reach me so they called my sister who knew the code for the lockbox. Thank God I told her that on Saturday. Anyway, they got Mom into the house and settled into the den. She was very anxious and tearful when I got home, but she calmed down after a while.

It is a gorgeously sunny day here today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless her heart! That must have been awful for her. But it's wonderful that she wanted to go to daycare and even asking if anyone was there is pretty good.

Good news on weather and the memory care place.

nancy said...

i agree with terry, at least your mom remembered that you had a whole household a few days ago. i'm glad your sister was able to remember your garage door code. hopefully your mom will forget that incident right away!

~Betsy said...

I think it's very encouraging your mom remembered having a house full. Twenty minutes after my brother and his boys left last summer, she didn't remember the visit.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...