Friday, November 16, 2007

Today was a quiet day. The nurse from the agency visited and checked Mom's vitals. Her BP was 100/62. We talked about the 'incident' on Wednesday and they still aren't sure what happened; they just know that someone dropped the ball. But now they are aware of an issue and they will be making sure that it doesn't happen again.

The light fixtures for our ceiling fans have finally come in (I ordered them in late July!) and I will pick them up tomorrow. Hopefully Joe will be able to install them while he is here. I don't want to have too many things for him to do, I'm hoping he will be able to have some enjoyment when he is here.

This is a picture of me, in my crib!, with my very first kitty cat, Muffin. I think I was about 3 years old. I still have my Raggedy Ann doll pictured here. I have been trying to scrapbook. I have hundreds of photos that I ripped out of those sticky 'magnetic' albums. Now I need to put them all in acid free scrapbooks. It's a long process. Tonight I was able to get one page done in my album that I am trying to put together, that documents 2 trips that I took with Mom and Dad on ore carriers. I've lost my creative-ness or something. Digital scrapbooking is much easier, but then I would have to scan all of these hundreds of photos into my computer. Ick.

Listening to: James Taylor - Carolina in My Mind
via FoxyTunes


nancy said...

adorable picture of you!

rilera said...

Thanks Nancy! I love this picture too. I'm not sure who took it, Mom or Dad. Both loved to take photos but Dad became the family photographer later in life. I think they both enjoyed their kids a lot.

flintysooner said...

That's so cute!

rilera said...

Flinty, it looks like I have quite a grip on my kitty! She probably was trying desperately to get away. I was a typical 3 year old with her. I remember dressing her up in my baby doll clothes, poor kitty.

flintysooner said...

Judy just received some very old photos of her father when he was a toddler. We're scanning them. It is amazing how precious they now seem to us.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...