Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's too hard to do this today. First I had a humongous migraine which only lessened after I took a nap at lunch. Then as I was driving home the tire pressure monitoring system light was on. Took the car to have it checked; there's a screw in the side of tire where the rubber meets the road. Luckily VWs come with a full sized spare but now we have to buy a new tire. Got home and Mom had a mess in her pants. Got that all changed, got her as cleaned up as possible then sat down to relax. I obsess about whether Mom is clean enough, especially after the whole UTI thing. Speaking of that, I have another urine specimen to drop off at the lab, when will I have time to do that with my 6:30 to 5:00 schedule?? I need an assistant. I lost it tonight and just let the tears flow. I felt better afterward. Remember to take it one day at a time. But it's so hard. There is nobody to really confide in on a day to day basis. I try to keep it inside at work.

The days are getting shorter; it's dark by 7:00 and no longer light when I drive to work in the morning. I don't like winter and shorter daylight hours. Time to move to the equator.

Flinty is right, things come in 3s. I hope in this case, they don't.

4 comments:

nancy said...

robyn,
i agree with betsy, sounds as if you could use a lot of hugs. i remember too well those feelings of frustration feeling overwhelmed.

please know you have friends here who understand and are here for you. hang in there.

rilera said...

Thanks for your hugs and kind words of support. Nancy, it's good to see you. Hope you are doing well. Betsy, you're right, tomorrow is another day. Thanks for the reminder that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

~Betsy said...

Just checking in on you, Robyn. I hope you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

Hey Robyn - just stopping by to catch up. Sorry you have had some tough stuff happening. Always seems like thinks happen in bunches.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...