Friday, October 19, 2007

Today was a good day. We met with both the nurse and the social worker for the home health agency. I was very impressed with the both. The nurse took Mom's BP (102/70), pulse, listened to her heart and lungs and then checked her skin for issues. She spent quite a while here. If the aides are as good as everyone else at this place then everything should be fine. Mom had her coumadin level checked today too. It was really high due to the bactrim that she was taking for her UTI. We have to stop the coumadin for the weekend and then re-check on Monday. I think that I will work from home that day. Tonight Mom's appetite seems to be back. She had several small slices of pizza as well as several small meals throughout the day. I bought a blueberry-pomegranate juice that she just loves. She drank several glasses of that. And best of all, I got a urine sample and dropped it off at the lab.

While the nurse was here today checking over Mom, Olivia watched her like a hawk. She would jump up on Mom's lap frequently too. It was like Olivia was making sure that no one was messing with Mom. What a great little kitty.

It was a windy, gloomy day today. Tomorrow is supposed to our first peak at the sun in about a week. If the sun does come out I plan to take some pictures of the lovely red maples that line the street on the way into our neighborhood.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love red maples. Not so sure about the blueberry-pomegranate juice.

Pretty good blood pressure I'd say.

My dad used to enjoy pizza but it became too difficult for him.

If you managed to get a sample you did have a great day.

Praying for you both.

nancy said...

i glad you had a good day. i pray for many more for you both!

~Betsy said...

It sounds as if things are falling into place for you, Robyn. Yay for the good days! I hope you get your sunshine and can enjoy some fall color.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...