Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thank God for my sister. Tonight Mom was having an anxious time. Then my sister called and I had her talk to Mom. Mom's mood instantly brightened and she was laughing at things my sister was telling her. It means a lot to both of us to have that connection to family who live far away. AND even better news, my sister and her family are coming for Thanksgiving along with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins. It give me something to look forward to.

Mom has a ginormous bruise on her upper left arm. It must be from her fall on Monday. I keep asking her if it hurts but she says no. I'm thankful for that. I'm also glad that she only has a bruise. It could have been so much worse.

Tomorrow the social worker and the nurse visit from the Home healthcare agency. Mom will probably have a fit but oh well.

I'm feeling boxed in at work, like there is no place to go. Maybe that's ok. I don't know. I just don't like having options. Time will tell in that area. And then it took an hour and a half to get home tonight. I could find no other reason than the rain.

Today I talked to a woman who works with a referral service called "A Place for Mom". They help people find care or housing for senior citizens. I figure it's time to at least start looking at memory care facilities in the area. This woman told me that many places have waiting lists, which are months long, so it is important to plan ahead. She sent me a list of many different places in surrounding communities where I can visit on my own to weed out places that I feel wouldn't fit Mom. I found a link to their website somewhere on the internet. She had lots of advice which was helpful.


Thank God for my blog friends too. I don't know what I would do without your support and advice.

3 comments:

~Betsy said...

I know what you mean about the blog friends. I'd be throwing myself off a bridge by now without you guys!

Hang in there, Robyn. Hopefully Mom isn't crabby about the nurse and social worker today. And if she is, hopefully she will soon forget!

Unknown said...

One of your blog friends that's checking on how you and mom are doing.

But even though I have been off I think about everyone of our blog friends.

You are under an awful lot of pressure from everything. I really feel for you.

Anonymous said...

Its happy to hear that your Mom is safe. The word Blog Friends means a lot. Its a great gift to have some blog friends to share some of your hear aches. I wish i could be one among that blog friends. Wish to hear good news about your Mom in later posts also.

===================================
Ryan
Minnesota Treatment Centers

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...