Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cinn's Mom passed away this morning after a long struggle. I'm relieved that she is no longer in pain. But I am so sad for Cinnamin and her family. It has been a long and brutal vigil for her. I hope she can find peace in the knowledge that she did good by her mom. Even though we start saying goodbye early on in this disease, the end is never easy.

The ice candle did not, or would not, freeze. It wasn't cold enough! We sure do have the snow though.

Mom has been dozing off while she colors. The weird thing is that she continues to color during her dozing. She has been in a pretty good mood. And she REMEMBERS that the caregiver and Joyce stopped by today. Maybe she is feeling some relief from her pain. Or maybe this is just another bend in the road for us. It's hard to say one way or the other. I just grateful for the string of good days that we've been having.

5 comments:

~Betsy said...

It seems your mom may be in one of those plateaus that comes with the territory. Enjoy it! I'm glad she is out of pain.

Sorry about your ice candle. That would have been beautiful!

My prayers are with Cinn, too.

Annie said...

I'm glad you are having a string of good days. Rejoice in them!

I have a feeling you will have plenty of opportunity to make an ice candle...

nancy said...

i too am glad your mom is more lucid recently. cherish those times!

Joanne said...

I'm glad your mom is not in pain and she seems more lucid. I treasure those times with Mom so much as infrequent as they happen lately. Sorry your ice candle didn't freeze. I'll bet it would have been beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I just wanted to thank you for your encouragement these last weeks.

So glad to hear that your Mom is not suffering and is still enjoying her coloring! It is nice that she has SOMETHING to do that is "happy" for her!!

Thinking of you! Best wishes in this New Year!

My Aunt is in White Bear Lake, so I hear it is COLD there quite often! Brrrr!

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...