Wednesday, January 2, 2008

This is one of my favorite pictures of Lily. It really shows her 'blue' coloring and green eyes. She is a sweetie.

Today was my meeting with the HR rep. She was very understanding and suggested that I utilize the FMLA act more often than I am currently doing. In the US this is basically all that we have, whether we are caring for a loved one or caring for ourselves. So I will buck up and deal with it, but Mom and I will always come first.

Speaking of Mom, she is doing pretty good still. She was emotional when I arrived home but she settled down. Her caregiver said that they had a good morning. Her aphasia is becoming much more of an issue.

I receive periodic wellness calls from my health insurer. Today I received one of these calls. The RN was so compassionate and genuinely concerned about me. We talked a little about caregiving; she mentioned that her mother in law has ALZ. Somehow we got on the topic of adult day care and she said that her MIL is more agitated after a day there. Mom sometimes is that way too, but I believe that the socializing and stimulation is good for her. I wish there was some way that I could get her to go more often. I may need to re-enlist Joyce the cop for this.

2 comments:

nancy said...

what a beautiful picture of lily! it almost doesn't look real, you really captured her well.

i'm glad you had good meetings with both your HR rep and the wellness RN, it renews hope that there are compassionate people out there.

please try e0mailing joanne like she offered on her blog. sounds like she could offer you some good suggestions for your mom with daycare. hang in there robyn!

~Betsy said...

I hope you can use the FMLA act, Robyn. I really feel for you being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Mom had a wellness RN, too, and she was wonderful when she called. Sometimes it's just nice to hear a friendly and understanding voice.

Lily is beautiful!

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...