Friday, January 18, 2008

We are dropping down into the deep freeze this weekend. I'm not ready for this at all. The windchills are supposed to drop into the -20 F range. But hey, the sun is out which is the trade off we usually have.

I saw my therapist today. She is amazing. The funny thing is that I started seeing her before Mom was diagnosed and it turns out that her mom has ALZ so she is a wealth of knowledge and support for me. I don't know how I would do this without her.

Mom had a pretty good day today. We met with her broker to go over her finances. He makes the trip down from Duluth to see Mom and now me at least quarterly. My dad found him, he is a gem. I think today he saw Mom's progression. She had some trouble signing some paperwork for him and she was interjecting odd comments into the conversation. Poor Mommy.

Tomorrow Lily goes in for her follow-up blood work and I'm praying that the calcium level is lowered. I am pretty sure that Olivia is purposely keeping Lily from getting to the food so I think I'm going to need to move some food and water down into my room for Lily. Poor kitty, she really is a sweetheart.

2 comments:

nancy said...

it too will be just as cold here. stay warm robyn.

~Betsy said...

It's cold here in Pittsburgh, but not quite as cold as there. Then again, once it gets below 20 degrees, what's the difference?

I hope all works out for Liy. I know what it is to have kitties who are like family.

Stay warm.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...