Sunday, July 8, 2007

I think Mom is sundowning this afternoon. First, she wanted to go to bed and was confused thinking it was night time. She's been really tearful and weird. We are having a thunderstorm right now so it could be tied to that. It got really dark before the rain started and is still pretty dark. She had a huge accident, couldn't get on the toilet in time. Am still trying to get a urine sample. I think I'm going to talk to the doctor about getting a referral to the Senior Care Clinic. It's time and I think I might get good support there. I also have to work up some courage to get her to go to the day program or accept a home health aide. I explained to my therapist that Mom has had 3 aides in a month along with their complaints and she wanted to know what behavior was abnormal for someone with dementia. She said I had to ask the nurse that, because she didn't see any of the behavior as being abnormal for someone with dementia.

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...